The Thomas Isaac Log Cabin is named after its owner and was built around 1780 by one of the first Ellicott Mills settlers. It is believed to be the first structures built in Ellicott City, Maryland. The cabin was reconstructed in the late 20th century and serve as a historical spot offering historical information about the city’s settlement and the general development of the region. The cabin is located near the parking lot between Main Street and Ellicott Mills Drive in Historic Ellicott City. The cabin is not just about artifacts its also has guides dressed in 18th century attires giving details the past life of people in Ellicott Mills and the construction of the National Road.